Available high-resolution inspection methods for bar-wrapped (concrete cylinder) pipe will be presented, along with the ability of each inspection method or technology to address the failure modes of this pipe type. Engineering experts will discuss theory, deployment, and data resolution.
Part 2: This webinar session will cover the application of the AWWA M77 Manual of Practice - Condition Assessment of Water Mains to (bar-wrapped) concrete cylinder pipe (CCP). Content from the following chapters of M77 will be covered, as it relates to the inspection and assessment of (bar-wrapped) CCP:
- Chapter 3 - Planning a Condition Assessment Project or Program
- Chapter 5 - External Corrosion Surveys
- Chapter 6 - Spot Assessment
- Chapter 7 - Leak Detection
- Chapter 8 - Internal Remote Visual Inspection
- Chapter 9 - Physical Entry Inspections
- Chapter 11 - Electromagnetic Testing Technologies
1. Become familiar with the contents of the AWWA M77 Manual of Practice and how to apply the material to the planning of their pipeline inspection projects or program.
2. Select the most appropriate inspection technology for their pipeline inspection needs.
3. Evaluate inspection approaches based on actual pipe design and construction and the concept of HOW and WHY the specific pipeline material is expected to fail.
Moderated by: Frank J. Blaha, PE; Regional Liaison – Central States, The Water Research Foundation
— Andi Corrao, P.E.; VP of Client Solutions, PICA Corporation
— Murat Engindenez; Associate Principal, Vice President, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
— Alan Bair; National Practice Leader, Pipeline Condition Assessment, Xylem
— Ad Shatat; CEO, PICA Corporation
Registration is per person, and allows webinar access for one person on one computer. All registrants will receive a link to view the webinar recording, within 7 days after airing.
Certificates of Completion are available if viewed in full. Certificates can be accessed self-service by following the instructions at www.awwa.org/credits. Contact your licensing agency to see if they will accept your Certificate of Completion.
By registering for this webinar, you submit your personal contact data such as name, address, and email address to the sponsors who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and their services. If you do not wish to receive any emails from our webinar sponsors you may follow the sponsors opt out or unsubscribe instructions following receipt of an email from them. You will not be able to opt out prior to receiving an initial email from our webinar sponsors.