Back to Water and Wastewater Treatment: A Guide for the Non-Engineering Professional, Second Edition
This best-seller describes in non-engineering terms the processes used to treat both water and wastewater.
Perfect for non-technical water and wastewater professionals, the book describes the function and equipment of each unit process, how the processes fit together within a drinking water or wastewater treatment system, and treatment concepts. Illustrations and photos clarify processes. The writing avoids mathematics, chemistry, and biology as much as possible.
This book is ideal for municipal public works managers, equipment sales and marketing personnel, utility customer service representatives and other utility employees with no science background, as well as water board members.
• Second edition, completely revised and expanded.
• Includes new material on technological advances and regulatory requirements.
• Presents step-by-step unit processes for water and wastewater treatment.
• Introduces fundamental concepts of treatment.
• Uses non-technical language: no math, chemistry, and biology.
• Includes glossary, chapter summaries, and illustrations for clarity.
Table of Contents
1. Current Issues in Water and Wastewater Treatment Operations
Basics of Water Treatment
2. Water Regulations, Parameters, and Characteristics
3. Water Purification: System Overview
4. Sources, Intake, and Screening
5. Coagulation and Flocculation
Basics of Wastewater Treatment
10. Wastewater Regulations, Parameters, and Characteristics
11. Wastewater Sources and Types
12. Wastewater Treatment: Basic Overview
13. Collection Systems
14. Preliminary Treatment
15. Primary Sedimentation
16. Biological Treatment
17. Secondary Sedimentation
18. Advanced Treatment
19. Wastewater Disinfection
20. Discharge Effluent
Basics of Water and Wastewater Solids Treatment and Management
21. Water Solids Management: System Overview
22. Water Solids Treatment and Disposal
23. Wastewater Biosolids Management: System Overview
24. Wastewater Biosolids Treatment
25. Wastewater Biosolids Disposal
Glossary and Index