Back to International Standard Units for Water and Wastewater Processes
The updated 4th edition of WEF Manual of Practice No. 6 continues its goal to establish units of expression that are universally understandable and readily comparable for all design, operation, and performance factors. The manual was written for engineering professionals, operators and technicians familiar with water and wastewater treatment concepts, the design process, and the regulatory basis for water and wastewater control.
The manual reflects current design practices of water and wastewater engineering professionals and focuses on particular sectors of the water and wastewater industry including:
- Units used with water treatment systems
- Units used with water and wastewater conveyance systems
- Units used with wastewater treatment systems
- Units used with facilities associated with the support of treatment systems
- Units used with water reuse systems
The manual is published jointly by AWWA, WEF and IWA.