Back to Water Sector Workforce Sustainability Initiative Report
There is a workforce crisis in the water utility industry caused by an unprecendented number of retiring employees, along with shifting demographics, and a declining number of science and technical students receiving degrees. This report frames the workforce challenges faced by water utilities and explores effective practices to address these workforce issues.
- Presents a summary of issues facing utilities and the US labor force
- Identifies positions and functions that are at risk in utilities as a result of the changing labor force
- Focuses on effective workforce practices in use by other industries
- Presents potential funding sources for a utility sector collaborative initiative
- Presents a possible model for developing a water-sector collborative program and recommended actions
NOTE: Water Research Foundation subscribers receive complimentary copies of any Foundation report through the Water RF.