The purpose of this standard is to provide the minimum requirements for fabricated aluminum slide gates, including materials, general design, manufacture, testing, inspection, and shipment.
this item can only be purchased by current members.
Would you like to...
Major revisions made to the standard in this edition include the following:
1. A section on chlorine and chloramine degradation of elastomers was added to the foreword (Sec. II.A.).
2. The definition of constructor has been removed from the standard.
3. Requirements, was extensively updated to read consistently among the four slide gate standards, except for where materially different (Sec. 4).
4. Tensile, compressive, and critical buckling loads were readdressed and clarified, along with the definitions for rated and extreme loads.
5. A basis for rejection section was added (Sec. 5.3).